How to successfully scan your citizenship certificate:
When the app asks for permission to access your camera, tap Ok (if you did not allow the first time, simply change your permissions through your device settings)
You will then be asked to choose whether you are scanning your citizenship certificate or your PR card. Choose the correct option
Depending on the type of document you want to scan, you will be shown a different sized box.
If Citizenship Certificate is chosen:
- Remove your certificate from the plastic sleeve
- Place the certificate on a flat surface
- Make sure the barcodes on the back of the certificate are face up
- Make sure you are in a well-lit space
- Keep your phone steady and hold it parallel to the table (flat)
- As long as the certificate fits within the box, and is well lit and in focus, the document should scan correctly
- Tap Scan
- Be sure to continue to hold your phone steady and flat as the camera takes up to three (3) scans
If PR Card is chosen
- Place the PR card on a flat surface.
- Ensure there are no reflections on the PR card, and the entire card fits in the box
- Press Scan.
- Once done, you have to repeat the same procedure with the BACK of the PR card
In both cases once the scan is complete, Verify the information
Sometimes scanning takes more than one try. If you are not successful, do not worry, just try again!