How to gain free admission:
- If you haven’t already, activate your membership.
- When you arrive at a national park, marine conservation area, or national historic site, first tell the attendant at the entry gate that you are a Canoo member and ask for the Canoo venue code.
- Open your Canoo app and make sure you are logged in. Then click the yellow 'Check-In' button at the bottom of the screen.
- Give the app permissions to use the phone camera (if you haven't already) and scan the QR code that the park attendant shows you OR enter the 4-digit venue code.
- Select the correct option for the number of children accompanying you, and swipe the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen to complete check-in.
- Show Parks Canada staff your Canoo card screen along with a piece of government-issued photo ID.
- Receive free, day-use entry for yourself.
- A couple of hours after you check-in, Canoo will prompt you to rate your visit. Please complete the short survey letting us know what was great and how you enjoyed your visit. Your feedback will help Parks Canada provide a better, more inclusive experience for all Canadians.
We recommend you check the Plan your visit section of the Parks Canada website for information about specific sites before visiting, including visiting times and hours of operation.
All children under the age of 18 always receive free entry to Parks Canada locations, even when they aren’t accompanied by a Canoo member. Learn more on the Parks Canada website.